One Little Bean

A voyage to birth and beyond...
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Letter to LB

Hey you,

Lately you've been pushing out against me a lot. It's more than the kicks and punches... you stay in that position for a few moments, and if I press down a little bit I can feel exactly where part of you is. I don't know what part of you it is, but it's enough to know that at that moment, I am less than an inch away from touching you. You seem to like parking yourself right under my right boob. Maybe that's your comfort spot, just like your daddy's lap is for me.

I realized how much I miss getting those ultrasound photos of you when a co-worker of mine came in earlier this week with pics from her 17-week ultrasound. I wish I could see how you are developing and know you are getting everything you need and that you are doing well.

You keep me awake a lot at night these days, but I don't blame you. I imagine it's starting to get more and more cramped in there for you.And it's good practice for me for when you need to be fed every few hours throughout the night. We bought you a crib on Monday. Your daddy saw it in the window of a Wildlife Rescue Society store. That was our first baby purchase, and we are both feeling pretty excited.

I've been wondering a lot about what you are going to look like. Are you going to have eyes like your dad, or like me? How about your nose? Ears? Build? What colour will your hair be? Are you a boy or a girl? There is going to be so much to discover once you are born!

14 more weeks until you are here. I am excited, but also a little nervous. I suppose no one ever feels totally ready to be a mom. And you know, any nervousness I might have never lasts very long in the face of how excited your daddy is. He loves to rub my tummy and send you kisses. Sometimes he chastises you when you deliver a particularly hard kick, but we know you are just trying to get comfortable. It can't be easy with all my tossing and turning at night. You probably just get comfy and then wham, mom rolls over and all of a sudden you are upside-down! Sorry about that...

Oh and you know, we might have our very own place before you are born! We are getting some mortgage approvals and taking a good look at the money we make, and then we are going to start searching for our very own home. Rental places never quite feel like home. Although, I suppose anywhere I am with you and your daddy will always feel like home to me.

I love you kiddo.
posted by Krista at 3:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home