One Little Bean

A voyage to birth and beyond...
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 06, 2008

What an amazing big sister

Lily has amazed me time and again with how good she is with Lukasz. Everytime she sees him she wants to kiss him, whenever she hears him cry, she says "oooh! baby!" in a concerned voice and goes running to where he is. She also loves to hold the bottle while we feed him, and today I caught her reading a story to him!

One of the first times she interacted with him, giving him a high-five:
Plenty of kisses:

Pointing out the baby's "hat":

Helping Tatus feed baby:

This morning, reading Lukasz a story:Oh no! Baby's crying. Trying to comfort her little brother:
This isn't to say that she hasn't had periods of wanting attention when we are busy with Lukasz. She has, and when we can't give her immediate attention, well, she's gotten good at yelling loudly. But I know that at this age she has no real concept of time, and waiting a minute is not something she does well right now. Not to mention she has had a stomach flu, a cold and roseola, one after the other.

But with each day she is more and more patient, and I think she's starting to understand that baby has needs, too.

You'll always be my baby girl, sweetheart. I love you, and I'm so proud to be your mom.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Krista at 11:38 AM

1 Comments:

I can't wait to be a big sister just like you, Lily!

-Katie Jewell

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home