One Little Bean
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Life is good
- “I have reports here from your doctor that you are one healthy young lady.”
- For the first time, one baby heartbeat pumping strongly along at 155 bpm.
- “You look really good in pink.”
- “You have a certain glow about you today.”
- Chicken fajitas (chicken, rice, lettuce, salsa, taco sauce, cheese, tomato, mushroom and a wrap)
- My odds of having a child with Down syndrome or spinal bifuda based on age: 1-1,320
- My odds based on my health: 1-13,000
- Tomek and I have identical blood types. V. good news for baby.
- There’s a romance in kissing in the rain under an umbrella in the dusk.
- How to get rid of bad dream remnants: tell it in as much detail as possible to the wonderful man in bed beside me who always wakes up when I need him, then relax and drift off wrapped in his warm arms and calming words.
- Tomek and I have the same dream of doing work we love, and we are both willing to support each other in whatever path it leads each of us. He’s leaning towards robotics and automation. I’m looking forward to discovering where my skills will lead me.
- We may not have anything prepared for the baby: no room of its own, no matching furniture, definitely no clothes (most of those will come after the baby is born, when we know how big/small it is), no crib, no change table, no accessories… but I also have no doubt that everything will be fine. If we have to convert our living room into a temporary bedroom for us or him/her, that’s fine. If I have to carry a stroller in one arm and a baby in the other up a flight of stairs and back numerous times each day, that’s fine too. The room will come with a move, with time. Perhaps that all will unfold before the baby is born. Perhaps not. For now, I am happy knowing that I have the love, knowledge and help of our families, and our own good health.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Monday, March 13, 2006
Boy or girl? Let the guessing begin
I've left the ones I dont know about (like heartbeat) alone. When I know those, then I'll add them.
It's a boy if:
* You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
* Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
* You are carrying the extra weight out front
* Your belly looks like a basketball
* Your areolas have darkened considerably
* You are carrying low
* You are craving salty or sour foods
* You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
* Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
* The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
* Your hands are very dry
* Your pillow faces north when you sleep
* Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
* Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
* Your urine is a bright yellow in color (which I'm sure you wanted to know)
* Your nose is spreading
* You hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles
* You are having headaches
* You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even
10/19 = 53% chance it could be a boy
It's a girl if:
* You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
* Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
* You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
* Your left breast is larger than your right breast
* Your hair gets red highlights (always have had them)
* You are carrying high
* Your belly looks like a watermelon
* You are craving sweets
* You are craving fruit
* You crave orange juice
* You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
* You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
* Your face breaks out more than usual
* You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
* Your breasts have really blossomed!
* Your pillow faces south when you sleep
* Your urine is a dull yellow in color
* If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side
* If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd
8/19 = 42% chance of having a girl
According to a Chinese Gender Calendar, we are having a boy.
***Update - 3:46pm***
I just got the VP to do the ring test on me. It swung side to side both times he did it. Once it looked like it was moving in small ovals, but mostly just side to side. He was right about the previous employee who went on mat leave.
***Update - 6:25pm***
Just added what colour my pee is, and the shape of my belly. That put boy at over 50%.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Some feelings are beyond words.